Zelenin drops: what are they intended for and how to take it?
Today we will tell you about Zelenin drops, what they are intended for, how to use them, etc. In addition, you will be presented with reviews of consumers who have used or are currently using this drug.
Zelenin drops is a combined herbal remedy with cardiotonic, antispasmodic and sedative effects. This tool was developed by a clinician, a Soviet therapist, a doctor of medical sciences, an honored scientist of the RSFSR (in 1946), and an academician of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences (in 1944) Vladimir Fillipovich Zelenin.
The composition of the drug
Zelenin drops are a herbal medicinal product that includes tinctures of a May lily of the valley, belladonna leaves, valerian and menthol.
Appearance and release form
The presented drug is available in dropper bottles made of dark glass, 25, 20, 30, 40 or 15 ml.In one carton pack contains detailed instructions for use, as well as a jar with a clear and slightly brownish liquid with a pronounced aroma of tinctures.
The complex of herbal remedies, which are part of the presented drops, has an antispasmodic and sedative effect, and also provides a moderate stimulation of the heart muscle.
Antispasmodic and sedative effects of Zelenin drops are caused by the presence of herbal ingredients in it. To understand why this tool is popular with consumers, consider the principle of its work in more detail. To do this, we will talk about the properties of herbal tinctures that are part of the medication:
- Tincture of lily of the valley. This tool has a cardiotonic effect.
- Belladonna sheets. This tincture significantly reduces the secretion of sweat, stomach, bronchial, salivary and lacrimal glands, as well as the pancreas. In addition, the plant has m-anticholinergic and antispasmodic effects.
- Menthol. The presented component acts as a local irritant.In addition, it has analgesic, coronarodilating, veno-tonic, antianginal and reflex action.
- Tincture of valerian root. Such a remedy has an antispasmodic and sedative effect, and also accelerates the onset of a fast natural sleep. It should be particularly noted that the sedative effect of this component is stable, although it occurs rather slowly. In addition, valerian root significantly slows the heart rhythm, dilates the coronary vessels, has a choleretic effect and increases the secretion of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract.
Indications for use of the drug
According to the attached instructions, Zelenin drops should be used in the presence of the following pathological conditions:
- hypo-and anacid gastritis;
- hepatic colic;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- spasms of the gastrointestinal tract;
- renal colic;
- biliary dyskinesia;
- hyperacid gastritis;
- chronic cholecystitis;
- in the combination therapy - heart failure in a chronic form;
- increased excitability;
- reduced appetite.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
Zelenin drug (drops) is not recommended for use with the following deviations:
- intolerance to the main components of the drug;
- hypertrophy of the prostate gland, which flows with disorders in the outflow of urine;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- gastritis (hyperacid);
- peptic ulcer disease (including erosion of the mucous membrane) of the duodenum and stomach;
- under the age of 13 years.
Instructions for use of the drug
Zelenin drops should be taken orally for half an hour before meals several times a day (2 or 3 doses per day). According to the attached instructions, the amount of the drug for adults and adolescents should not exceed 20-30 drops (in a single dosage). In this case, the drug is desirable to drink half a glass of water.
The drug itself never causes side effects. But with an overdose, patients may experience allergic reactions. Experts associate this manifestation with the presence in the chemist's of tincture of belladonna. Thus, with improper doses, a person may experience rapid heartbeat, dry mouth and dizziness.As a rule, all the listed side effects disappear immediately after stopping the use of the drug. It should also be noted that prolonged use of Zelenin drops often leads to depression of the central nervous system. This is manifested in the form of drowsiness, lethargy, apathy, loss of appetite, slowing down of the heart and nausea. In such cases, it is better to abandon the use of the drug and use another means of similar action.
Those who regularly use the presented drug should be aware that:
- With the systematic use of Zelenin drops in patients with a diagnosis of "bronchial asthma" with the simultaneous use of the medicines "Izadrin", "Salbutamol", "Berotec" and so on. special care should be taken. This is due to the fact that such a combination of medications can lead to the appearance of a very fast heartbeat.
- During the period of therapy, special care must be taken while driving, as well as other hazardous activities that require good eyesight, psychomotor speed and high concentration of attention.
- Some consumers confuse Zelenin drops with Corvalol.In this regard, it should be remembered that the first drug is used for bradycardia, and the second - in the presence of tachycardia.
Interaction with other means
While taking Zelenin drops with hypnotic drugs that inhibit the central nervous system, the effects of these drugs are greatly enhanced.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Zelenin drops must be kept out of the reach of a young child and in a slightly cool place (at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C). The shelf life of this drug is exactly two years from the date of manufacture.
Drops Zelenin: consumer reviews
Reviews of this tool are very diverse. Some consumers argue that it is a good sleeping pill that effectively protects against nightmares and panic attacks. This drug is easy to use (you only need to drink 20 drops), there are no “chemicals” in it. Zelenin drops are much more effective than other herbal products. Moreover, this medication is especially attractive for those who are not ready to pay a large amount for a pharmacy drug.Other consumers point out that the belladonna sheets that make up this product give a side effect in the form of a strong pupil dilation. In this regard, the eyes of some patients become sensitive to bright light, and also quickly get tired after working at a computer. It is also worth noting that after taking Zelenin drops, many consumers immediately start to sleep. That is why they are recommended to take only in the evening.