Why children go on socks: reasons
All parents are looking forward to when their baby will make the first independent steps. But sometimes the joyous event is darkened, and the child puts his foot on the toe. Moms and dads have a question about why children go on their socks, what they did wrong and how to deal with it. Let's find out.
The process of learning to walk continues until the age of three. After all, even if the baby is already taking its first steps at eight months, this does not mean that by the year he will fully master this skill. At 7-8 months, most healthy children alone stand by the support. The natural position will be based on socks.
By 11 months, moms and dads are waiting for the hour when the child will go on his own. To speed up the process, drive it by the handles. At the same time, it is simply difficult for the baby to step fully on the entire foot. But when a child tries to walk independently, he is no longer comfortable to do so. The question arises of why a one-year-old baby walks on socks.The fact is that even in a two-year-old karapuz, the development of leg muscles continues. Periodically, the child may begin to rise on their toes.
Why does he do that?
Immediately it should be noted that not always tiptoeing is caused by a serious problem. Sometimes the child is just so convenient. Perhaps he simply imitates the mother, who is constantly on his heels. It happens that the baby, for whatever reason, does not want or is afraid to completely step on the sole.
It is important that the consequences of such habits can be different. After all, the gait of the “ballerina” can gain a foothold and lead to unexpected results. Parents should find out why the child began to walk on socks, and eliminate the cause. It may be quite banal, but there are more serious reasons. It often happens that walking on socks passes quickly and without a trace. If not, then you need to consult a doctor.
On examination, the doctor will try to find out from the mother why the child began to walk on socks. If parents do not see an objective reason, a specialist can put forward a number of medical grounds.The main version may be “pyramidal failure”. Its essence is as follows:
- The nervous system, which is responsible for motor activity, is similar to a pyramid.
- It consists of several divisions, among which are: the spinal cord, brain, and cerebral cortex.
- Failure of one of the systems leads to disturbances in gait.
If we analyze the main diseases that contribute to the fact that the child begins to walk on socks, you get the following list:
- Hypertonus or increased muscle tone. The problem must be dealt with through massage and physiotherapy. Can recommend swimming in the pool.
- Walking on socks contributes to birth trauma. Observed when the child went forward legs. Requires special gymnastics.
- Unfortunately, the first symptom of cerebral palsy may be walking on tiptoe. However, such a diagnosis is made much earlier than the child takes the first steps.
- It happens that a child is already three years old, and he continues to walk in the wrong way. In this case, a comprehensive diagnosis of the nervous system. The case may be in intracranial pressure or other pathologies.
Various restraints lead to incorrect setting of the foot. Walkers and other products cause the child to pull the sock, so the habit is fixed. But this relates more to the mistakes of adults than to the medical aspect. However, the consequences can be serious.
Who to contact?
Basically, the reasons why children go on socks, are neurological in nature. Therefore, if a similar problem arose before the parents, it is necessary to consult with a neurologist. The main thing is to follow all his recommendations and make visits systematic.
In frequent cases, the problem is caused by muscular dystonia. Then massage courses will be appointed, which must be passed. The doctor can give directions to FTL, paraffin therapy, electrophoresis and other physiotherapy. It is important to understand that the treatment will not bring harm, and the benefits are quite tangible. Swimming in the pool is also recommended, but after the permission of the doctor.
Should I worry?
To decide the question of why a child walks on socks a year, should be with your doctor. If the child is just taking the first steps and at the same time becomes on the toe, then the reason is an increased tone. The problem may persist for 3-4 months and disappear by itself.But if this behavior continues for more than six months, then it is time to sound the alarm.
It is also worth worrying if the baby first walked normally, and then suddenly began to rise on its toes. A possible cause may be transferred diseases that affect the development of the nervous system. In this case, only a specialist can figure it out.
Definitely, it is better to once again seem to the doctor, even if the reason is minor. Because walking on socks can lead to unpleasant consequences or be a consequence of the disease. If you let it go, then the child may develop scoliosis, flat feet or clubfoot.
It is important to find out why the child begins to walk on the socks. There are quite innocuous reasons, but they can be quite serious. Consider the main of them - pyramidal failure.
The diagnosis can be made if the child is almost two years old, and he continues to master the ballerina’s gait. It is important to assess the symptoms in the complex. To alert parents and physician should:
- Bad sleep.
- Tilting head back.
- Restless behavior.
- Pinch your fingers.
In this case, the child may be diagnosed with pyramidal insufficiency. Causes may be pathologies of intrauterine development and problems in childbirth. It is important to follow all the recommendations of a specialist and not to leave the problem without proper treatment. The main task of the doctor is not only to find out why children are walking on their socks, but also to help them overcome difficulties.
The disease requires medication and physiotherapy. A neurologist can prescribe the whole complex:
- Medications. In each case, the medicines are selected individually. Necessary supporting and stimulating the development of the nervous system means. Required vitamin and mineral complex.
- Massotherapy. Appointed by courses. It is important to adhere to the scheme and not skip the procedure. Massage helps to remove muscle tone and strengthen muscles. Mom is recommended to master the basic techniques for daily care of the child.
- Physiotherapyno less important. They not only strengthen muscles, relieve nervous tension, but also strengthen immunity.
- Special attention is paid toshoe. The best choice will be orthopedic, custom made. But the main rules when choosing are: solid backdrop, closed toe and a small heel.
- Physiotherapy, swimming, walking on a massage mat. The whole complex will help to quickly get rid of the problem.
- Paraffin therapy. The essence of the method is to warm the muscles with heated paraffin. The procedure is carried out only by a specially trained employee.
It is not necessary to constantly wear shoes to a child, even if it is the right one. In the summer, walking barefoot is very useful. Let the kid explore the grass, pebbles and another surface. Legs it will only benefit.
What can be done at home?
It is important to understand why children go on their socks. If the problem is serious, then doctors should deal with it. But parents should be actively involved and take certain actions to improve the situation. Having dealt with the question of why small children walk on their toes, you should tackle the problem. So, at home mom can perform the following actions:
- To do a foot massage. In this case, it is necessary to draw eights with a finger. Thus reflexes are stimulated.
- To conduct a small gymnastics. In this case, the foot bend and unbend.
- Be sure to knead the calf muscles to make the muscles more elastic. It is important to be careful and do not press hard.
- If the child is just starting to walk, it is useful to put it on the fitball. The kid should touch the legs, and the parents support him under the arms.
These methods are suitable for walking kids only. If the toddler is already quite briskly running, you can do physical exercises with him.
Fizkultminutki for two years
If the child continues to walk on socks, even after two years, the treatment continues. It is recommended to engage with feasible physical education with the child:
- Running up the stairs strengthens the calf muscles and relieves stiffness.
- Climbing the hills and the Swedish ladder develops a muscular skeleton and helps reduce tone.
- Trampolining helps to develop coordination of movements and also relieves tension in muscles.
- Walking on the "medical paths". In the room you can lay out the path, which consists of pebbles, a rug, with sewn buttons and other items.
- It is useful to roll your toes gymnastic stick.
- Walking sideways, back and wave fun of the baby and develop a sense of balance.
You can purchase a massage mat and put in front of the nursery. So, passing every time in the room, the baby receives an involuntary massage.
If you have a question about why a child of 1 year old walks on socks, then it’s time to see a doctor. Often the problem is solved rather quickly. Parents who follow all the recommendations of a specialist will notice an improvement within two to three weeks after the start of procedures. In any case, it is useful at home to independently engage with the child, to pay attention to the selection of the right shoes and eliminate the use of walkers. Then you can forget about the problem soon.