What kind of wallpaper?
In this article, we will consider howadvances in technology, we have a huge selection of wallpaper variety, their new structure and originality. Choose wallpaper, it has always been a troublesome business, you need to consider how they will look on the walls, in what rooms and so on. In this article we will consider what kind of wallpaper there are. So you can decide where, what to apply.
Common types of wallpaper for walls
- Paper wallpapers - one of the most accessible and easyoptions. Use them in a room with normal humidity and the least load on them. Do not advise to glue these wallpapers in the corridors, or in the kitchen, as in such rooms they will soon lose their appearance. Paper wallpaper, can be in the form of single-layer (simplex) or double-layer (duplex). Two-layered form - thin and fragile, and single-layer - more durable, but it has the property of rapidly deforming.
- Vinyl wallpaper - formed from two layers, whereone layer of polyvinyl chloride covers the lower paper layer, and then a pattern or embossing is applied to the surface. Such wallpaper is very popular.
- Wall-paper is a paper that has a color photo image. These wallpapers raise the mood, most of all they are suitable for the design of a children's room or hall.
- Washing the wallpaper - look good in the kitchen and inbathroom. This is a type of wallpaper for walls that are washed with water and special means. But it's worth noting that this species has special requirements for wall surfaces.
- Jute wallpaper - have a linen weave, come in different colors and are realized in rolls. They are based on a paper basis, so with them, it's nice to work.
- Cork wallpaper - based on the bark of cork oak. Produced at t = 360-400 ° C, by hot pressing. In this case, the cork itself throws out the gluing components. These wallpapers contain antibacterial substances, they are natural, looking at them, you feel comfortable. With all the rules, the material can retain its special properties for 20 years. They are released in rolls, wallpaper can be glued to any smooth surface, and if there are irregularities, then you need to smear the walls with a primer or varnish. Sometimes it is necessary to clean the wallpaper with a vacuum cleaner or wipe it with a damp cloth. Cleaning powder should not be used!
Considering what kind of wallpaper, do not forget other varieties.
- Tafting - wallpaper, that is, wallpaper with a sewn pile. Tafting is a way of joining the nap to the tissue structure. This characteristic finish contributes to sound insulation and saves heat. This kind of wallpaper is made of 100% synthetic fiber and glued with ordinary wallpaper glue.
- Metalized wallpaper - they are produced like this: A thin layer of foil covers the paper part, and any pattern is superimposed on the wallpaper surface. To stick a "metallic" side, use a dispersion adhesive.
- Velor wallpaper - have a two-layer structure,absorbing dust and odor, so it looks ideal in rooms with a small amount of dirt. These wallpapers are better not to wash, as they do not tolerate mechanical interventions. The room, pasted with such wallpaper, looks original and beautiful.
- Wallpaper based on the sickle-have two layers,are produced in rolls. The basis of the wallpaper consists of a non-woven cellulose web. With the help of a finishing layer of foamed cellulose, 60 types of patterns and textures are obtained. These wallpapers with high wear resistance, strength, do not change during operation.
- Liquid wallpaper - especially popular, the material createssmooth or convex coatings without seams. The composition can be textile fiber, cotton, cellulose. The wallpaper is diluted with water-based paint and applied with a roller. The advantages are that the material can be used with concrete and plasterboard surfaces. Coatings are used in powder or liquid form.
- Lincrous-roll material with a relief pattern. Consists on a paper basis with a plastic mass. Keep the wallpaper vertically in a dry place.
- Textile wallpaper - is it natural or not?the present cloth (viscose, linen, silk) from the paper structure. Before they glue, the walls are leveled, otherwise all roughness will be visible. Glue use special for such wallpaper. Touch the wallpaper is not necessary, you can damage the basis of the coating. Textile wallpaper is forbidden to wash.
- Glass fiber - the composition includes fibers fromof a certain glass. The result is a woven fabric with different patterns. Produce wallpaper from mineral, environmentally friendly materials: quartz sand, soda, lime, dolomite. Also glass piles do not accumulate in themselves static electricity charges, do not throw out toxic substances and do not awaken allergies.
In modern life, in addition to the above types of wallpaper, there is still a huge number of popular novelties.
Now you know what kind of wallpaper there are. Good luck with your choice!