What can be cooked from eggplant?
What do you think can be cooked from eggplant? For example, eggplants can be fried, stewed, baked in the oven. And yet you can make an unusual snack with the taste of mushrooms and even boil jam! The last two recipes for unusual eggplant dishes we offer you.
Marinated Eggplant Mushrooms
- 3 large eggplants;
- 3 onions;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 3 pinches of dried dill;
- vegetable oil.
- 2 tbsp. l table vinegar (9%);
- 1 tsp Sahara;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 2 leaves of laurel;
- 5-6 black peppercorns;
- 1 tbsp. water.
- Wash and peel the eggplants and cut them into slices approximately 2 centimeters thick.
- Pour them with coarse salt and put in a colander to stack bitter juice.
- After half an hour, we wash the eggplants in cold water and, without squeezing, leave to drain for 5 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and quickly fry the eggplants on both sides in small portions.
- We take out from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cut half-rings of peeled onions.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into slices.
- In a tall pot or jar, lay layers of eggplants and onions, pouring dill and garlic over each layer. The lower and upper layers - onions.
- Fill all with boiling marinade and leave for 2-3 hours at room temperature, after which we put eggplants in the refrigerator for a day.
- After a day you can try a snack. But it is better to let it stand for a few more days.
- 12 medium eggplants;
- 1.2 kg of sugar;
- 7 tbsp. water;
- 1 tsp soda;
- 1 pinch of vanilla.
- My, we clean, we cut in half (along) eggplants and we pierce them through with a fork in several places.
- Dissolve soda in 1 cup of hot water and add 4 more glasses of cold water to the solution.
- Eggplant put in soda solution and leave for 6 hours, then wash the soaked eggplant in running cold water.
- Pour half the sugar into the saucepan, add 2 cups of water and simmer the syrup for 15 minutes.
- Put the eggplants in the boiling syrup and cook them for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and leave the eggplant in syrup for 12 hours.
- Again, put the jam on a slow fire, add the remaining sugar and continue to cook for another 3 hours.
- At the end of cooking add vanillin, mix and turn off the fire.
- Spill hot jam over cans and cork.