Veterinary preparation "Kalfoset": instructions for use
Both domestic and farm animalssick like people. And for the normal functioning of the body they need mineral substances. If the animal does not get enough with food, there are various violations in the functioning of internal organs. Calcium, phosphorus and magnesium are especially important for health. They participate in almost all metabolic processes. And with some diseases an additional intake of these minerals is shown. The best in this respect is the preparation "Kalfoset". Instructions for use describe it as very effective in toxicoses, paresis and various violations of the functions of the musculoskeletal system.
What is the drug "Kalfoset"
For dogs, this tool is rarely used, soas treatment consists of intravenous or intramuscular administration of the solution. Not every owner has such an opportunity. In addition, there are some rules for the use of the drug, which is difficult to observe at home. Therefore, the treatment of dogs "Calfoset" is done only in the clinic. But any veterinary pharmacy provides this medicine for free sale, and you can buy it without a prescription. However, the drug is produced in glass bottles of 50 and 100 ml.And after the autopsy, you can store it only infor a month. It turns out, that for dogs it is unprofitable to use "Kalfoset". Its price is about 700 rubles, and a pet needs only one injection in a dosage of 3-10 ml for treatment. But often used "Kalfoset" on farms and agricultural farmsteads. Therefore, every veterinary pharmacy sells this drug. It is a clear, yellowish liquid intended for injection.
Composition of the preparation and features of the action
"Kalfoset" is a combination of magnesium salts,calcium and phosphorus. They are in it in easily digestible form and have a positive effect on the body. What is the composition of the preparation "Kalfoset"? Instructions for use provide such information:
- calcium gluconate;
- calcium glycerophosphate;
- magnesium chloride;
The effectiveness of the drug in many diseases is provided by the action of the main components. Why do these minerals need the animal's body?
- Calcium besides important participation in the work of nervous andThe musculoskeletal system stimulates the work of the heart and reduces the permeability of the vascular walls. It has a general strengthening effect, helps to purify the body of toxins and participates in the processes of blood clotting.
- Phosphorus is also one of the main components of bone tissue and teeth. He also participates in many metabolic processes.
- Magnesium is necessary for the activity of many enzymes, participates in the exchange of calcium and phosphorus and has an anticonvulsant effect.
When the drug is used
Many violations of internal organsare associated with a deficiency in the body of salts of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. It is in these cases and appointed veterinarians "Kalfoset." Instruction for use recommends using it for such diseases:
- with convulsive syndrome and muscular excitability, which are caused by a lack of calcium;
- with rickets in young animals;
- osteomyelitis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- at paresis due to a violation of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus metabolism;
- with toxicosis during pregnancy;
- at various allergic reactions: a urticaria, an eczema, a diathesis and others;
- in complex therapy for poisoning with fluoride, lead and other toxins.
Calfoset: instruction manual
Most often, the drug is administered to an animal under conditionsveterinary clinic. The solution is used for injections, which are done according to special rules. Still need to know in what dosages Calfoset is used:
- for cows, horses and cattle, a solution in the amount of 80-100 ml is injected into several doses;
- goats, pigs and large dogs are 15-25 ml, depending on the weight of the animal;
- young animals and small animals the injection is done only under the supervision of a doctor, and you can not inject more than 3-5 ml.
The injection is carried out once, but in some cases it is possible to repeat it in a day.
Side effects and contraindications
If you use the drug as directed by a doctor inrecommended doses, then it is tolerated by animals well. In some cases, an allergic reaction in the form of itching and rash is possible. In an overdose, the animal can experience convulsive muscle contractions, nervous excitement, lack of appetite and nausea. Sometimes there can be an arrhythmia. But most often such effects occur when the medicine is used incorrectly.
In addition to dosage, it is necessary to take into accountintroduction. The drug is used for subcutaneous and intramuscular injections. In this case, you can not enter a large number of them into one place. Therefore, the desired dose is divided into 2-4 injections at the same time. If the drug is administered intravenously, then it should be done very slowly. But even in this case, not all animals can be appointed "Calfoset". Instructions for use prohibit its use in the case of hypercalcemia, severe renal dysfunction, atrial fibrillation and acidosis.
When using a drug for the treatment of animalsyou need to follow the rules of personal hygiene. The drug is non-toxic, but it is advisable to follow that it does not get into the mouth and eyes. The production of farm animals treated with Calfoset can be eaten. It is advisable to use the drug only as directed by the doctor, especially in small animals. It can not be used in conjunction with digitalis preparations and vitamin D. But in general, "Kalfoset" is easily tolerated by animals and helps them to cope well with the lack of minerals.