Typical fire safety manual for office premises
Instructions for fire safety in the officeregulates the actions of personnel during the risk of fire or smoke from work premises. The content of the instruction assigns the duties of the persons responsible for the evacuation of employees and material assets of the company.
As the fire safety manual says,if there are factors that characterize the presence of fire (smell of smoke, burning, smoke, rising temperature in the room, detecting soot and open fire), the personnel of the organization must:
- Call the fire department without delay.telephone number "01" or "112" (from cellular telecoms operators), to provide their coordinates (address, organization name, place and time of fire detection, as well as their personal data and phone number);
- disconnect all appliances operating from the power grid;
- to start liquidation of the fires;
- to notify about fire of employees and higher authorities;
- If there is a danger signal, leave the premises urgently in accordance with the evacuation plan at the enterprise.
The standard instruction on fire safety regulates actions of the head of the organization. The head of the unit of the organization, who learned about the fire, is obliged:
- Call the fire brigade by telephone "01" or by calling the mobile operators "112";
- to notify all workers and the management of the enterprise about the incident;
- report the fire to the responsible person at the site (in the organization) for fire safety to the person;
- Before the arrival of firefighters, it is necessary to independently take possible measures to eliminate the source of fire, evacuation of employees, valuable property and documentation.
Typical instructions for fire safety determine the person responsible for fire safety at this facility, which on arrival to the scene of the accident is obliged:
- to inform the fire department about the occurrence of fires, and also to inform the head (founder) of the organization about the incident;
- in case of a threat to the life and health of people, take measures to save them and evacuate them by all available means;
- urgently stop any work in the building, except those aimed at eliminating the fires;
- make a power outage and prevent fire and smoke in the premises;
- remove from the danger zone all personnel and other persons who do not participate in the elimination of fires;
- to carry out the management of measures to eliminate the fire prior to the arrival of the calculations of the fire service;
- together with the liquidation of the fire, take emergency measures to evacuate employees and material assets from the enterprise;
- ensure that fire safety requirements are met by employees who participate in the elimination of fire;
- Meet firefighters arriving to the site, and indicate the shortest way to the entrance to the fire.
As the fire safety manual says,the fire safety officer responsible for fire safety must inform the head of the fire department about the features of the construction of the building, the adjacent buildings and various structures, fire hazardous substances stored or used in the enterprise, their quantity and properties. Also need to provide other information required by the firefighter to prevent the occurrence of fires.