Therapeutic physical training for cervical osteochondrosis in pictures
Cervical osteochondrosis of the spine is a very common disease in people of any age, from adolescents to older people. There are several modern methods of treatment of osteochondrosis. The treatment is carried out with the help of drugs, as well as with the methods of physiotherapy and massage.
Improvements occur if special physical therapy is respected. Cervical osteochondrosis in this case retreats. But the treatment has a positive effect only if these methods are used as part of complex therapy.
Therapeutic physical training for cervical spinal osteochondrosis
Gymnastics with spinal diseases is very important, especially if you do the exercises under the supervision of an instructor or doctor. All exercises for cervical disease are divided into exercises that can be done in the acute phase of the disease and exercises that are carried out in remission or recovery.
Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at improving the trophism (nutrition) of tissues, restoring physical activity, removing inflammation and pain during movements of the head and body.
Signs of osteochondrosis
First of all, it is pain in the back, especially in the neck and shoulders. Pain in diseases of the cervical spine may be different. As a rule, in the initial stage of osteochondrosis, the pain is aching, dull. It begins after a long sitting in one posture or after a large power load, for example, after lifting weights in everyday life and in classes in the gym.
Often the cause of acute pain is in the displacement of the vertebra or intervertebral disc. In this case, first of all, it is necessary to conduct manual therapy, but only if it is possible. Only a professional can do this, otherwise undesirable complications may occur.
The treatment must be carried out in order for the displaced vertebrae and vertebral discs to fall into place. In this case, the inflammation of the surrounding tissue is reduced and, as a result, the pain gradually goes away. In order to form a muscular corset around the vertebrae and it was more difficult for them to shift,requires special physical therapy.
In case of cervical osteochondrosis, exercises selected by specialists are not difficult. They can perform a person with any physical training.
The main complex of exercises
Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out slowly enough, smoothly, without sudden movements, especially in the acute stage of the disease, when the pain in the neck and upper back is aching.
Gymnastics in a standing position
- To lower the head as much as possible downwards, trying to reach the chest with the chin up to the chest and hold the neck muscles for a few seconds, then smoothly, without making a sudden movement, lift the head upwards. After that, also slowly pull your head back, trying to keep your neck in tension for a few seconds. It is necessary to repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Tilt your head to the right side, doing it very slowly, and then immediately tilt your head to the left side, but without jerking, slowly. Repeat 10 times.
- Turn your head to the right and stretch your neck as much as possible, straining your muscles. Hold for a few seconds in this position. Return to the original position. After that, turn your head to the left. Repeat 8-12 times.
- Take a steady position. Feet put wider than shoulder width. Raise the shoulders up and pull the muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle up, trying to linger in this position for at least 5 seconds, then pull the shoulders down, straining the muscles. Repeat the exercise 12-20 times.
Performing exercises for diseases of the neck, you can not turn his head, making circular rotation. It can only be tilted forward or backward, right or left, otherwise the course of the disease can be complicated, and then physiotherapy exercises with osteochondrosis can be harmful.
Gymnastics lying on your back or couch
- Raise both hands up and lower straight hands on the floor behind the head. Very slowly and gently pull the arms up, straining the neck, head and upper limbs for 6 seconds, then lower the arms along the body. Do 3-5 repetitions.
- The position is the same. Hands down along the body, legs relax. Make circular rotations with straight arms forward, then back. Begin the exercise should be slowly, gradually speeding up the pace of movements. 4 circles forward, then 4 circles back. Bundle to do 5-8 times.
- Having taken the starting position, raise your right hand up, pull it to the left, straining your neck, head and shoulder. When performing an exercise, do not tear the shoulder blades from the floor.The back should not move, it is necessary to pull the right shoulder down, straining at the same time the whole arm and especially the hand. This is done with the left hand. The exercise must be repeated at least 16 times.
Gymnastics lying on his stomach
- Put your hands under your chin. Tightening the muscles of the cervical and thoracic spine, it is necessary to pull the arms bent at the elbows up, not lifting the chin from the palms. Stay in this position for at least 5 seconds, then relax your muscles and rest for 10-20 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Pull the arms forward and put them with brushes down. Without lifting the abdomen from the floor, raise straight arms and pull up the head, neck, shoulders, linger for a few seconds, then slowly fall to the floor and relax. This exercise must be repeated up to 7 times.
- Hands to the side. Slowly raise the right hand up and pull it to the left, while trying to lift the head and, turning it to the right, pull it with the straight hand to the left side as much as possible. Without staying in this position for more than 2 seconds, do the same exercise with your left hand. Repeat the exercise in each direction at least 7 times.
- Having risen slightly on the chest, make rotational movements with straight arms forward and then backwards at an average rhythm. Repeat up to 8 times.In doing this exercise, try to raise your head as high as possible and, straining your neck, pull it up.
Gymnastics in a kneeling position and hands
Exercises performed in this position can be done not only with cervical osteochondrosis. They have a good effect on the muscles of the thoracic and lumbar regions.
- It is necessary to raise up the left leg and right arm. Having caught the balance, it is necessary to pull the leg, arm and head up for several seconds, trying to strain the muscles of the neck and head as much as possible. The same must be done with the other side. You need to do at least 5-7 repetitions with each hand and foot.
- It is necessary to tilt the head and, straining the muscles of the neck, pull the chin to the chest, simultaneously pulling the thoracic spine up, making the wheel in the back, then lifting the head up and straining the same muscles, pull the head back trying to get the back of the head. At this point, the lower back should be pulled down, trying to make a maximum bend in the back. It is necessary to try to combine inhaling and exhaling with the movements. During the whole inhalation, lower the head, and throughout the whole exhalation pull it back.Make up to seven repetitions.
Now many doctors produce excellent educational materials devoted to the treatment of many diseases of the spinal cord. For example, on the shelves of many stores you can see the book “Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis in pictures”, which enjoys great success, especially in the elderly. After 50 years, many people try to devote more time to their health. At the age when osteochondrosis of the cervical region begins to be felt, physical therapy takes the first place among other methods of treatment.
Gymnastics from specialists
Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis Butrimova implies a smooth, passing from one to another exercise, which not everyone can do, especially for diseases of the cervical spine.
Dr. Butrimov, based on the Chinese teachings, developed a method of treatment in which a person must fully immerse himself mentally in the organ that is currently troubling him, for example, his neck.
All movements must be part of the whole organism, part of the whole.You can not make any movements of the shoulders and arms. During gymnastics only the head and neck work. Before starting classes using the Butrimov method, everyone should consult with a doctor and only after that perform all recommended exercises.
Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis (photo of the doctor at the time of the exercises)
The same applies to another specialist, Dr. Sergei Mikhailovich Bubnovsky. Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky, on the contrary, recommends using not only the head and neck, but also the shoulders. Dr. Bubnovsky has his own rehabilitation clinic, which provides treatment of cervical and lumbar osteochondrosis, as well as other diseases associated with the spine.