Scleral lenses for increasing and changing the color of the eyes
Lenses covering the cornea and the visible part of the proteineyes are called scleral lenses. Properly selected scleral lenses are quite comfortable for prolonged wearing, despite their size. Most often this model is used for eye diseases and birth defects of the eye for cosmetic purposes.
Scleral Lenses - Advantages
Advantages of scleral models include:
1.Concealing cosmetic defects of the damaged eye.
2.Imitation of the kind of healthy eye.
3.Replenishment of the missing volume of a small eye.
4.Centering the artificial pupil in the right place with strabismus.
Scleral Lenses - Disadvantages
1.The main "minus" of scleral lenses is that it takes a lot of time and high professionalism of the manufacturer to select them.
2.Danger of corneal edema. Scleral lenses are made of PPMA material that does not pass oxygen. This leads to the danger of edema of the cornea. The PPMA material is acceptable in case it is necessary to change the shape. Procurement of the model is easily adjusted. Scleral lenses "repeat" the surface of the eye and are shown to people suffering from keratoconus (curvature of the cornea).
3.Longthe manufacturing process (an average of six months). During this period the following stages of work are performed:
- Take the exact size.
- The first fitting of a transparent lens. After that, the patient takes it with him for self-tests. The process of adaptation to the scleral lens is strictly individual and depends, in the main, on the degree of sensitivity of the eye.
- During subsequent visits, the manufacturer observes the degree of adaptation of the patient.
- Small changes are made in the size of the model in order to achieve the maximum result. The lens should be very comfortable and have an aesthetic appearance.
- Final fitting. At this stage, the last "strokes" are made and the front part of the part is marked out.
- Applying color. The master transfers all the details of a healthy eye: a vascular network, shadows, and also corrects the color of the protein part.
Scleral lenses provide cosmeticeffect, in which the surrounding, in most cases, do not find differences between the ordinary eye and the eye with the lens. The life of the product is five years.
Scleral lenses made of materials,Passing oxygen, can reduce the likelihood of corneal edema to a minimum. However, existing gas-permeable materials are heat-resistant plastic, which can not be processed by heating and imprinting. This fact significantly reduces the possibility of using such lenses in keratoconus. The workpiece must be processed on a special machine and adjusted to the shape of the eye with the help of diagnostic equipment.
Lenses that increase the eyes
Increasing models are not used tocorrection of vision or elimination of defects, but are decorative. Color lenses for eye enlargement can have a variety of appearance: hearts, patterns, cobwebs, corona. These lenses increase the eyes by almost one and a half times. Models can be tailored to suit your taste, combining them with a carnival costume or dress. You can also buy lenses that change the color of the pupil. On sale are lenses for brown eyes. However, they are somewhat more expensive than for light ones.
Contact lenses that promote eye enlargement,Should be restricted in wearing in the event of irritation, redness, blurry and vague images. It should be clearly understood that such products are used only for decoration, giving an expressive look, individuality. To correct vision, decorative scleral accessories have nothing to do with.