No signal (No signal detected) on the monitor: what to do and what is the reason? Possible problems and their elimination
Innovative technologies are developing today withincredible speed. But new developments give rise to unfamiliar problems, related, as a rule, to tuning techniques. Questions usually arise with beginners or those who, in principle, rarely use a computer. A common problem is the "No Signal" message on the monitor. To fix the situation, it is important to understand the reason. You can do it yourself.
Do not immediately look for a phone programmer ora computer repair technician if the message No signal detected on the monitor appeared. What to do in this case? The first thing to remember is all the latest actions that were taken with the computer. Perhaps when cleaning someone accidentally hooked the cable, the PC was parsed or moved. Children or curious pets can also cause a breakdown. Therefore, the first recommendation is to check all the wires. The problem will be solved very quickly when the cable gets in its place.
It is also often recommended to just restarta computer. The PC can be incorrectly started, do not forget about the hibernation. More details about the latter case - more. It is possible that the problem, in which the computer monitor does not turn on, is eliminated literally at the touch of a button.
On different monitor models, messages may differ. The following inscriptions mean the same problem:
- check the signal cable on the Russian-speaking systems;
- going to sleep;
- signal out of range;
- check cable connection;
- no signal detected (on the monitor Benq most often it appears just such a message);
- the cable is disconnected and others.
Modern monitors for economythere is an option to automatically enter sleep mode. In this case, the signal may be lost, because of what these and similar inscriptions are displayed. If the computer still does not go into hibernation mode, the solution should be looked for in another.
Also, any of these messages may appear when the computer is turned off and the monitor is running. Typically, a restart system helps.
It often happens that the PC itself is in theoperating condition, and there is no image, and the signal No signal detected on the monitor is lit. What to do in this case, why does the message appear, and what solutions exist for the problem? Causes can be different: from the easiest and fixable independently to complex, when not to do without the help of specialists.
You can try to fix the problem by taking the following steps:
- The computer and the screen turn on, work normally,but after a while the word "No signal" appears? Most likely, the PC just went into sleep mode, and to "wake up" it is necessary to click the mouse or press the space bar. You can change the settings for hibernation in the Control Panel (the "Power" icon).
- If no reaction to previous actions is followed, restart the monitor should be tried mechanically - by pressing the "Restart" button or twice on "Shutdown".
- In the event that the message still continues to be displayed, you must restart the computer by long pressing "On / Off" or by pressing the emergency reset button on the system unit.
- If there is a message that there is no signalduring the start of the game or program, and after the computer is idle, the problem may be that the monitor does not support the resolution of the screen saver or the game.
After a successful reboot, you must immediatelyconfigure power management, check the compatibility of games and programs with the capabilities of the computer and set the resolution to the recommended value of the system. In Windows 10, the above settings are in the "Settings" - "System" - the "Display" and "Power and Hibernate" tabs. For Windows 7, the path is as follows: Start Menu - "Control Panel" - "Power Management Schemes". You need to save the changes, and then restart the computer again.
If the monitor writes No signal detected and in this casedoes not show the operating system loading, it is necessary to check all the screen connections to the system unit and video card. The plug may have lost contact with the connector. Then fix the breakdown is simple: you need to insert the plug into the correct position and then restart the computer. If a positive result is not achieved, then you should further look for the reasons why No signal detected on the monitor. What to do and how to diagnose the cause yourself?
The algorithm for troubleshooting is:
- Connecting a faulty monitor to anothera system unit or a laptop. The image appeared? Hence, the screen is working, and the reason for the "No Signal" message should be looked for deeper. If the picture is still missing, the monitor can be safely carried to the service center.
- When connecting to another device, the imageappears, but nothing works with the "native" system unit? Perhaps the problem arose with the video card or with the motherboard. The video card has two connectors: DVI and VGA. You can try to change the cables in the connectors in places and turn on the computer. If the monitor still shows No signal, then it is necessary to open the case of the system unit.
- Latches of the system unit, as a rule,located on the side cover, you need to gently open them and remove the side wall. Next, you should check if the video card is securely attached. You can remove it and clean the connectors with an ordinary clerical eraser. After the video card is put in place and a trial run of the computer is done.
- In the case when the efforts did not bring a positive result, it is better to turn to specialists. You may need to replace the motherboard, monitor or video card.
For advanced users
The computer turns on, but shows No signaldetected on the monitor? What should I do if none of the previous methods have helped? Those who are confident in their abilities and are not afraid to disassemble the heart of the computer can do the motherboard on their own.
Most likely, the problem lies in the iron, but first you can try to reset the BIOS. There are two options:
- Find the instructions for the motherboard (or open it on the Internet from another device) and return the original settings by connecting certain contacts.
- Pull the battery out of the motherboard for 10 minutes, and then insert the part back and restart the computer.
When working it is important to remember the safety precautions, do everything carefully, so as not to damage the parts, and before you take any action, you must always disconnect the computer from the network.
Sometimes everything becomes clear even at the openingcovers of the system unit. The cause of the malfunction may be in swollen capacitors. As a rule, in half the case the computer monitor does not turn on exactly for this reason. But even experienced users do not need to solder the details themselves. To entrust repair to the specialists of the service center.
Diagnosis of speaker signals
You can try to fix the breakdown withSpeaker is a small device that is connected to the motherboard. Speaker beeps warns of problems with the computer. The list of audio signals and their transcripts differs depending on the computer model: a complete list can be found in the instruction manual for the motherboard.
So, for the diagnosis you will need:
- To specify in the instruction the version of BIOS of a motherboard, and also to familiarize with the list of sound signals from the speaker.
- Disconnect all parts from the motherboard, leaving only the processor, power supply and indicator buttons.
- After the computer should be turned off and listen to the speaker's signals. Sound signals are deciphered according to the list.
- If the audio signal is different from the one indicated inlist, possible problems may be faulty memory connectors. Also, the cause may be hidden in the memory controller or the system bus.
- Then, the main memory is connected to the board. The computer turns on and checks the signals from the speaker again. It should signal that the video card is not connected or is missing. If the speaker indicates a malfunction with RAM, then it should be checked.
- Then you need to check the connection of the video card. If the speaker signals its absence - it is necessary to check all the connectors on the card, they could close or oxidize. You can clean the inputs with an eraser. If there are signs of a short circuit, consult a specialist. Also it is necessary to check whether the elements of the video card have burnt out: radioelements, if desired, can be replaced on their own, but if a microchip is out of order, you will have to buy a new video card.
- If the speaker signals problems with the south bridge, then the help of professionals is needed. With such a problem can not cope at home.
Any method of diagnosis requires attention andaccuracy in work. Do not neglect the safety techniques, and with serious or incomprehensible breakdowns it is better not to repair the computer yourself, but to seek help from specialists.