How to remove the interior trim?
Watch the video
Every motorist from time to time wants to transform his car. To do this, you can change the paint or replace the interior trim. Let's stop on the last point. We will talk about him in our article, from which you will learn how to remove the interior trim.
Removing rear side trim
It is necessary to start the change of skin from dismantling the old one. It is recommended to start with the rear side trim, which is located behind the side glass.
- First remove the right rear clip. It is recommended to do this carefully, since on the one hand the clip can be very tight, and on the other hand it can be very fragile. It is better to do this with your fingers, although professionals use special tools that are usually difficult to find in stores. Remove both clips, namely, right and left.
- Now go to the ceiling caps, which plays the same role as the clips.
- Now you can remove the rear seat belt plugs and unscrew the bolts. Next, remove the rear right post mounting cap, having previously pushed with some thin rod.
- After removing the cap, use a cross-head screwdriver to remove the casing fastening screw.
- Now you can remove the trim of the rear right post.
- All the same procedures need to be done for the left rear rack.
Dismantling ceiling handles
To remove the plastic elements that fix the handle on the ceiling, you need to pry a screwdriver and remove the locking spring.
To remove the ceiling handles, you need to use a slotted screwdriver with a diameter of about six millimeters.
- Insert a screwdriver so that it is perpendicular to the door. You need to insert a screwdriver into a special hole that each handle has. The handles themselves are held on special snaps, which are attached to the body.
- In order to remove the latches, you need to turn the screwdriver about 90 degrees, and pull the handle itself down.
This procedure can take a lot of time, but you can’t act too harshly, otherwise you break the handle.
Dismantling the ceiling
To dismantle the ceiling, you need to use tweezers. At first, it is better to pod the ceiling from the center of the upper border. Then do the same, but from the opposite side. The ceiling lamps can be removed very easily, but it is important to be careful not to break the wires. Do not forget to remove both screws that fasten the edging to the body.
Now you can remove the trim of the left and right side pillars by analogy with the rear pillars.