How to make a mask out of paper?
Are you seriously thinking about how to make a paper mask yourself? Perhaps you collect masks, or your child will have a festive carnival. In this article we will talk about how to make a beautiful mask with your own hands.
First you need to decide what your mask will be: volumetric or flat. Perhaps your child will be satisfied with the usual mask, it is easier to make, but what kind of mother does not want to please her baby? In addition, it is necessary to determine the design of the mask, to present its image to yourself. In this case, pay attention to whether it will harmoniously look with a suit.
How to make a mask out of paper: the necessary materials
- Paper, cardboard, newspaper or napkins.
- Plasticine, sculpted clay, or thick dough.
- Face cream.
- All sorts of jewelry (sparkles, rhinestones, beads, openwork materials, foil and everything that you want).
How to make a simple paper mask
If you chose a flat mask, then clay and other materials used for the frame of the mask, as well as cream, you will not need.
First you need to cut the shape of the mask from cardboard or thick paper. Then you should attach tape to the mask, thanks to which the mask will be held on the head, the tape can be replaced with an elastic band. And only then proceed to decorate your mask with paints, glitters and other tinsel, besides you can use ready-made jewelery (bows, artificial flowers) if this suits you according to the style.
How to make a bulk mask of paper: instructions
- First of all, it is necessary to make a cast of the face, for this we need a plastic material (clay, or what you have chosen). Pre-lubricate the face with a cream, and then mold the relief for the mask on your face. Do not forget to make holes for breathing, and holes on the edges of the mask for tapes, with the help of which the mask will hold onto your head.
- Making paper base. To do this, cover the plasticine frame of the mask with cling film (it will be easier to separate the mask from the relief when the time comes).Cut the paper material into pieces, each of which is carefully greased with glue and glue on the relief, spreading on a plasticine form evenly layer by layer. The thickness of all layers should not be less than 2 mm. Every 3-4 layers, leave the work to dry for an hour and a half.
- After all layers of sized paper are applied, put your blank in a dry, warm place until it is completely dry.
- Separate the dried mask from the clay base and proceed to decorate the mask.
Now you know how to make a mask out of paper, and that it is not so difficult. Give space to your imagination and enjoy your creations.