How to make a machete?
Watch the video
A machete is a long, thin, but wide knife with a blade on one side. It can be made independently from scrap materials. How exactly - we will consider in stages in the article.
The following describes what materials and tools are needed to make a machete.
Materials and tools for machetes
- A sheet of steel or other strong metal with a thickness of 3-4 mm and a size of 80 by 900 mm
- steel rivets;
- stick for the handle;
- epoxy resin;
- jigsaw or hacksaw;
- grinding machine;
Working on machete
- Determine the shape of the blade and cut it, holding the piece of metal in a vice.
- Rule the blade with a grinding machine.
- We make the handle from two wooden halves. To do this, the bars need to fit in length and width, and then drill through wood and metal. All contacting parts of the handle are coated with epoxy. Through the holes skip the steel rivets and leave the whole structure in a vice for the night.
- At the last stage we sharpen the blade.