How to make a dress out of paper?
Watch the video
A paper dress can be a real work of art created from scrap materials. By the way, even some famous fashion designers release entire collections that are devoted to fragile “paper” art. But it is - for the podium and shows. And how in reality to make a dress out of paper for a contest, an exhibition or for a photo shoot to make it look worthy? After all, these outfits can not be worn in everyday life because of their increased originality and fragility.
Materials and tools
To make a dress out of paper, prepare cardboard, napkins, or newspapers as material. For sewing you will need to make patterns. Accordingly, we need scissors and needles, glue and sewing machine. Tailoring can be performed both on a real person and for furniture use (in the miniature version). First you need to decide on the style and size.
How to make a dress out of paper: instructions
For a dress for a masquerade, a contest, a New Year's party, it is not at all necessary to use expensive types of paper.An interesting option can be obtained from ordinary newspapers and cardboard (as a basis). The newspaper dress can be put on even in a solemn occasion to be the most original at any party.
- Our dress will consist of two parts: a skirt and a low-cut top.
- First we take our measurements from the model that will be dressed up in a suit.
- We expand the newspaper production and put it in two units.
- We make longitudinal folds on newspapers two centimeters wide (as if crimping material). Well smooth down the folds ruler.
- We connect the newspapers with each other with glue (and it would be better to stitch on a typewriter) to make a skirt. Customize to sizemodels.
- We sew Velcro to the back seam of the skirt so that it is firmly fastened.
- We make a similar preparation from newspapers for the top (open). Cut scissors neckline and axillary areas.
- Customize the size of the model with pins. Line off the top of the product. Behind we sew velcro, as on a skirt, after making a cut.
- As a strapless we use double strips with a width of 3 cm, attached to the top of the dress.
- The belt is made of cardboard up to 10 cm wide (with adhesive tape on both sides).
- We put on a dress and a belt on the model and make an adjustment in size.
- If there is a desire, we paint a belt and a dress in bright colors, we decorate it with sparkles. But a stylish dress made of paper (newspapers) looks great in black and white.