How to make a barley?
Watch the video
Pearl barley is affordable, practical and very useful. Its nutritional value is very high, it has many vitamins and minerals, in addition, it is dietary. Let's take a closer look at how to make barley.
Consider the recipe for cooking porridge for one or two servings.
- 2 tablespoons of pearl barley
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour an arbitrary amount of water into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour out dry flakes and boil for about 5-7 minutes after re-boiling, stirring constantly.
- Drain, filtering the porridge. Pour the water back into the pot (this time add three and a half glasses of water) and put on the fire.
- Add oil and salt to the water, stir and wait for the water to boil.
- After that, add the cereal and boil until it absorbs all the water. It usually takes 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To obtain a crumbly porridge, it is advised to heat the oven to 130 degrees after cooking and leave the pan in it for two to three hours.
Classic barley porridge is ready! Since the process of its preparation takes a sufficient amount of time, cook at once in large portions so that you have enough for a couple of days. If you serve porridge as a dietary dish, add less oil. In case you decide to sweeten the porridge, add to it a little honey just before use, when it is on the plate.
Barley Mushroom Soup
In the classic recipe of this soup uses white mushrooms. If you do not have them, take the mushrooms.
- 300 grams of mushrooms
- 100 grams of pearl barley
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 50 milliliters of vegetable oil
- 4 sprigs of greens (dill or parsley - to your taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- Fill the grits with hot water and leave to steam for two hours. If the quality of cereal is in doubt, pre-sort it.
- Take a three-liter pot and pour 2.5 liters of water into it. Put on the fire, bring to a boil, add mushrooms and bay leaves. Boil for 15 minutes, removing the foam.
- After 15 minutes, remove the mushrooms from the water and shift them to the skimmer to remove excess liquid from the glass.
- In the resulting mushroom broth lay out the barley, pre-drain the water in which it is steamed. Boil for about 40 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion or chop it in a blender. Heat the butter in a pan and put the onion in it. Fry until golden brown. Then add the mushrooms and fry them with onion for 8 minutes.
- While mushrooms and onions are cooked, wash the potatoes, peel them and cut into small cubes. Add to porridge in pan, then put onions and mushrooms.
- Stir and leave to cook under a lid for 25 minutes. After this time, check the porridge and potatoes. If they are ready, remove from the heat, if not, cook them for about 5 more minutes.
- Do not forget to salt and pepper the soup for 10 minutes until ready.
- Pour the soup into plates. Rinse greens and finely chop. Decorate her soup when serving.
Pearl barley porridge with pork
You can simply throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and leave on the Pilaf mode for an hour and a half, or you can also take part in the interesting process of making an unusual pilaf.
- 1 kilo pork fillet
- 0.5 kilogram of pearl barley
- 5 tomatoes (if not fresh, take canned)
- 0.5 teaspoon of spices: turmeric, jeera and black pepper powder
- 0.5 kilograms of carrots
- 2 liters of water
- 0.5 kg of onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- Soak pearl barley for half an hour in boiling water.
- At this time, cut the meat into small pieces and place in a deep frying pan without oil, cover with water and leave to stew for half an hour.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the vegetable oil in a separate pan and fry the onion. After it becomes golden, add garlic.
- When the onions are roasted and the meat is drained, put them in a deep pan or cauldron, add spices, stir and cook for a few minutes (up to 10).
- Rinse carrots, cut into cubes and fry in a cauldron in butter and meat juice. Strain the barley, add to the carrots and fry for about 15 minutes.
- After this time, pour water into the cauldron so that it covers the grits and carrots.
- After 20 minutes of stewing porridge and carrots, add vegetables: chopped tomato and Bulgarian pepper.
- After 15-20 minutes, add onions and meat to porridge and vegetables. Stir and simmer for about 10 minutes. Allow the dish for about 15 minutes to infuse.