How to change the screen resolution?
Not sure how to change the screen resolution? In the eyes already dazzled, and there is no one to wait for help from? Our article will help you change the screen resolution depending on the operating system installed on your computer.
How to change the resolution of the monitor screen if Windows XP is installed
- Click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel" from the pop-up menu. Double click on the screen icon. This window can also be opened by right-clicking on any place on the screen and choosing "Properties" in the pop-up menu.
- In the window that opens, go to the Settings tab. Select the desired screen resolution, but remember that more dots will produce a clearer image. The screen resolution of 1280 by 1024 will be optimal for standard office monitors.
- If you are satisfied with the settings, click on the "OK" button. The desktop configuration will be changed, you will only need to confirm these changes in the window that appears by clicking on the "Yes" button.If you do not confirm your changes within 15 seconds, the system will return the old screen resolution.
Now you have a new monitor resolution!
How to change the resolution of the monitor screen if Windows Vista and Windows 7 are installed
Windows 7 automatically selects the best monitor screen settings, including screen resolution, picture refresh rate, and color depth. But let's say it does not suit you. How, then, to change the monitor screen resolution manually?
- Again, click on the "Start" button and select the "Control Panel" menu. In the window that opens, we find the item "Screen", and from there we go to "Screen Resolution". You can also get to this window if you right-click on any place on the screen and select "Screen Resolution" in the menu that appears.
- In the open window in the "Resolution" submenu, select the parameters that suit you.
- Click the "Apply" button, and if you like the changes, close the window by pressing the "OK" button. If you do not confirm your changes within 15 seconds, the system will return the old screen resolution.
Your monitor screen now has a completely different look!
There are cases when it is not possible to change the parameters, for example,The desired permission is not listed. In this case, there are several ways to change the resolution of your screen:
- go to the sites of your video card developers (for example, GeForce, ATI) and download drivers. In each of them during the installation, there will necessarily be an item for changing the screen resolution, where you can change the settings.
- Use overclocking software. As a rule, they always have the opportunity to change the resolution of the monitor screen (for example, the PowerStrip program).
- Use special programs to change the resolution of the monitor screen (for example, the Screen Resolution Manager program).