Hormonal and non-hormonal birth control pills. The names of the most popular means for women
In the 20th century, contraception received a huge boost in development. However, attempts to deal with unwanted pregnancy were still in ancient Egypt and America, where they used douching with special decoctions of herbs after sexual intercourse. Medicine does not stand still, therefore, we consider the most effective birth control pills of the new generation.
What pills to choose
Most often, a young woman relies on the opinion of a doctor or pharmacist when choosing a contraceptive. Best of all, if the girl before this receives minimal information about the types of contraception and birth control pills in particular, to ask a specialist about the differences between various drugs.Remember that each remedy has side effects, and a person may be intolerant to any component.
Despite the fact that the combined pills are more reliable in their composition and action, but without a special examination of the hormonal background and the advice of a doctor you should not use them. Recently, women are attracted to mini-drank pills from hormonal drugs, which have only one hormone, but they are reliable, and they can also be taken while feeding a baby. Ladies who do not tolerate estrogen, also suitable these medicines.
There are pills with a high content of hormones, but they can be taken only once a month immediately after intercourse. Such emergency contraception is suitable for people with irregular sex life. Every day there are new drugs, but which of them suits your body, you need to decide with your doctor.
Types of hormonal contraceptive pills
Recently, hormonal pills, which include one or more hormonal substances in a minimal amount, are popular.These can be estrogens (ethinyl estradiol, mestranol, levonorgestrel, noretinodrel) or progestogens (gestodene, desogestrel, norgestimate). More often tablets are issued combined, that is they contain both estrogenic and gestagenny components.
According to the dosage of the tablets are divided into mono-, two - and three-phase. In the first embodiment, they all have the same hormone composition. This category includes medicines "Silest", "Rigavidon", "Regulon", "Novinet", "Marvelon", "Mersilon".
Two and three phase tablets
In the second group, the dose of hormones changes twice a day, so the tablets are packaged in different colors. This is the drug "Anteovin". In the third category, the dosage is changed three times, and the tablets are painted in three colors. Medicines Triziston, Tri-Merci, Tri-Regol can be attributed to this group.
Classification of pills by hormone dose
A small amount of ethinyl estradiol contains microdosing contraceptive pills (the names of only some of them: Novinet, Clyra, Mersilon, Lindinet-20). There are no side effects for this group of drugs. They can eliminate some hormonal disorders in case of acne or painful menstruation.They are taken by women of any age, but most of all these pills are suitable for nulliparous girls (up to 25 years old) who have regular sex life.
Low-dose pills along with ethinyl estradiol contain several other hormones. In the complex, they can eliminate acne, hair loss or prevent their growth on the face. Therefore, these pills ("Femoden", "Regulon", "Midiana", "Belara", "Janine", "Yarina", "Marvelon") are suitable for young women who have passed birth.
Medium and high dosage medications
Medium and high dosage tablets contain two hormones: levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol. With an average dosage of means (“Chloe”, “Three-regol”, “Demulen”, “Diane-35”) are suitable for women from 30 years old, who have not recovered after giving birth, but have already weaned children from the breast. With a high dosage, tablets (Ovidon, Non-Ovlon, Milvane) are prescribed in case of serious hormonal disorders.
Non-hormonal pills (“Pharmatex”, “Traceptin”, “Ginakotex”) do not contain hormones, therefore they are suitable for women after childbirth and during lactation, as well as for those who should not take hormonal drugs.The popularity of such drugs is associated with antiseptic and antimicrobial action. As a result, a woman is protected from most infections that can become infected during sexual intercourse.
The peculiarity of the action of spermicides
Non-hormonal tablets act as follows: spermicides, the main component of the drug, slow down the speed of spermatozoa and destroy them. In addition, a protective film is formed in the woman’s body on the vagina. The mucus in the cervical canal thickens to the point where spermatozoa cannot enter the uterus. That is, these tools do not affect the hormones of a woman. Compare how hormonal drugs work: due to estrogen and progesterone, the production of other hormones responsible for the maturation of follicles is inhibited, as a result of which the development of the egg cell is suppressed.
Contraceptive pills: the names of the most popular drugs
- Non-hormonal antimicrobial and antiseptic tablets "Farmax" are suitable for women after childbirth, during breastfeeding, after abortion, during irregular sexual intercourse or when changing different partners.The drug fights trichomonads, chlamydia, herpes virus, Candida fungus, which can cause irreparable harm to the female body (infertility, diseases of the cervix, miscarriage, tumors).
- The hormone drug "Jes" contains estrogen and progestogen Drospirenone. It is suitable for young women, but it requires taking the pill every day at the same time, regardless of the frequency of sexual intercourse. There are 28 of them in the package (the beginning of the reception coincides with the first menstrual day). These drugs have a beneficial effect on the growth of hair and nails, eliminate acne and relieve pain during menstruation. Unlike other birth control pills, this medicine does not disrupt the work of the gastrointestinal tract, and the body becomes accustomed to it in one or two months.
The best pills for women: "Novinet" and "Jeanine"
- Hormonal single-phase tablets "Novinet" contain ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel, which block the process of ovulation and inhibit the promotion of sperm by producing viscous mucus in the cervical canal. In fact, these drugs belong to the group with minimal side effects, do not cause weight gain or pain during menstruation.However, nausea, headache, and sometimes vomiting may occur, and hair may fall out. During lactation, these pills can be taken by women after giving birth only after three weeks, but they can cause an increase in milk production.
- Hormonal low-dose medication "Janine" contains estrogen and gestagenny component that inhibits follicle production, increases viscosity in the cervical canal, thereby making it impossible for sperm to enter the uterus. With regular intake of pills (once a day for three weeks), the woman normalizes the menstrual cycle, pain disappears during menstruation and reduces the risk of anemia.
Contraceptive pills: a list of new generation drugs
- The combination hormone medication Regulon contains ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel, which also inhibit the process of ovulation and prevent the penetration of spermatozoa by increasing viscous mucus. These tablets are prescribed to adolescents who have begun early sexual activity, and girls with uterine bleeding or menstrual disorders.
- Oral hormonal drug "Yarin" contains ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone, the action of which is similar to the above remedy. Regular intake of pills leads to improved mood, improves the menstrual cycle, reduces pain during menstruation, eliminates acne and seborrhea symptoms. Does not cause vomiting, nausea and at the same time, according to women, helps to reduce weight.
- Hormonal tablets "Logest" are intended for women over 35 years old and can be used as prevention of cancer. The course begins on the first menstrual day and lasts for 21 days, followed by a week-long break.
Contraindications for taking birth control pills
Pros and cons have hormonal and non-hormonal birth control pills. Names of diseases for which you can not take hormonal drugs:
- thrombosis and blood clotting diseases;
- heart diseases;
- breast and genital cancers;
- liver disease;
- high blood pressure;
Hormonal pills are also contraindicated for smokers, nursing women and women before surgery.Therefore, one or another drug is prescribed by the attending physician. Self-medication can lead to side effects:
- chest pains;
- abundant vaginal discharge;
- weight gain.
If birth control pills are chosen correctly (the names will be indicated only by the gynecologist individually in each case), then after a few months (3 on average), the woman's menstrual cycle normalizes, the pain during menstruation decreases, some women's diseases disappear, irritability and hysteria disappear.