Cream "Mat": indications for use, instructions, composition and features
In this article we will look at the cream "Mamat". Indications for use, cost, analogues, reviews and much more can be found in the material presented below. Particular attention is paid to how the drug acts on pregnant and lactating women, as well as young children. But let's start with the characteristics.
"Momat" (manual): a detailed description of the drug
This drug belongs to the hormone drugs from the group of glucocorticosteroids. Used only for external use, it is prescribed for various skin diseases. It is highly effective, perfectly eliminates the symptoms and significantly improves the condition of the skin after two applications.
The drug is available in two forms - cream and ointment (its consistency is slightly fatter). In this article we will consider the first option.Means possesses white color, it is packed up in aluminum tubes, 5 or 15 grams in volume. The opening of the tube must be closed with a special foil, which is pierced with a plastic tip located on the lid of the tube.
The drug is manufactured in India by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
We continue to describe the cream "Mat" (indications for use). The composition of the drug includes:
- As the main active ingredient is mometasone furoate. Its amount in 100 grams of the finished product is only 0.1 g, that is 0.1% of the total mass.
- Additional components are: water, beeswax white, white soft paraffin, propylene glycol monostearate, stearyl alcohol, propylene glycol as a solvent and carrier element; Propyl parahydroxybenzoate and methyl parahydroxybenzoate are used as preservatives.
Its therapeutic effect has "Mat" (instructions for use, abstract, reviews are presented in this article) thanks to mometasone, which is part of it. This substance is an artificially obtained glucocorticosteroid,contributing to the work of protein compounds that are able to suppress lipocortins (they are the substances that cause inflammation). "Momat" stops the inflammatory process, significantly improves the condition of the epidermis, as well as the deeper skin layers.
The drug is able to have the following effect:
- Reduces burning and itching.
- Relieves inflammation and swelling.
- Reduces the formation of exudate.
- Softens the skin.
- Strengthens the regenerative processes of the epidermis.
Momat cream has a rather mild effect. The indications for use indicated in the instructions indicate the following pharmacokinetic properties:
- The level of mometasone absorption is very low.
- Clinical studies have shown that 8 hours after applying the cream on the skin without damage, the amount of active substance in the blood is only 0.4% of the volume of a single dosage.
- Mometasone is excreted in the urine. It passes through the liver, but practically does not settle. And the part that remains goes along with the bile.
Cream "Mat": indications for use
We list the cases in which it is recommended to use the drug:
- Dermatosis, which are vulnerable to hormonal drugs, including atopic, contact, seborrheic dermatitis.
- To alleviate the symptoms of allergic reactions and rhinitis.
Ointment penetrates deep into the skin, in contrast to the cream, which remains on the upper surface of the epidermis. Therefore, when using ointment, the percentage of mometasone absorption increases. It is recommended to use for "dry" skin diseases, and with "weeping" cream "Mat" is better suited.
Cream "Momat" (indications for use were indicated above) is recommended to be applied with a thin layer to the damaged area of skin once a day. Rub the tool is not necessary. The duration of treatment should be determined by the dermatologist, based on the effectiveness of the drug, the age category to which the patient belongs, individual tolerance, the presence or absence of negative manifestations.
How to apply to pregnant and lactating mothers
Women during pregnancy and lactation are not immune from skin diseases, but can they be prescribed “Momat” (cream)? Instructions for use, price, reviews and much more tell us that the drug has proven itself well, but what about in this case?
The safety of the drug for this category of women has not been studied. However, it is known for certain that a glucocorticosteroid is able to penetrate the placenta, and, consequently, pass into the blood of a child. On the other hand, the percentage of absorption of the drug is extremely small. This suggests that with a single or very rare use of "Momat" will cause almost no harm to the child.
But long-term therapy should be excluded. It is also not recommended to use the drug without consulting a doctor. If a long course of treatment with Matom is prescribed to a nursing woman, the child should stop consuming milk, since hormonal substances are part of the drug.
Instructions for children
Allowed to appoint patients with two years "Momat" (cream). Indications for use for children are exactly the same as for adults. However, it is worth considering the fact that the ratios of skin area to body weight in children are greater, therefore prolonged use of mometasone can lead to disruption of the pituitary, adrenal glands and hypothalamus, which can later lead to Cushing's syndrome.
In addition, long-term treatment can lead to disruption of growth and development. Therefore, the drug is prescribed to children in the minimum dosage.
There is a group of patients for whom this cream is contraindicated:
- Children under the age of 2 years.
- In case of intolerance to any constituent means.
- In the presence of syphilis.
- With tuberculosis.
- Perioral dermatitis.
- Viral infections (herpes, chickenpox, shingles).
- Allergic reactions to the introduction of other drugs.
With extreme caution, therapy is prescribed for:
- The use of the drug on the face and in the folds of the skin.
- Prolonged treatment and extensive lesions.
- The use of tools under hermetic dressings.
With excessive use of the drug, depression of the adrenal glands, pituitary, or hypothalamus, including adrenal insufficiency, may occur. If you experience the first signs should immediately consult a doctor. He will either immediately cancel the drug, or adjust the dosage, or replace it with a milder one.
In very rare cases, undesirable symptoms occur when used.drug "Momat". Instructions and reviews, the price - everything suggests that the drug is very popular. So, we list the possible adverse reactions:
- Allergy - manifested as redness, burning, itching, dryness or various kinds of irritations.
- With prolonged use may occur: acne, dermatitis, discoloration of the skin, hypertrichosis (increased hair growth), folliculitis, atrophy of the skin.
- In case of lesions of the endocrine systems: Cushing's syndrome and adrenal insufficiency.
If any of these symptoms occur, the treatment is immediately interrupted.
What to consider
Local hormonal drugs can mask or alter the symptoms of serious skin diseases, thereby complicating diagnosis. Therefore, before using the cream, you need to consult a doctor.
You can not abruptly interrupt the long-term therapy, as this can cause an exacerbation of syndromes, which manifests itself in the form of burning and redness. Therefore, the use stops gradually. First, the patient is transferred to intermittent laughter, reducing the frequency and dosage.
Do not allow the product to get into the eyes, it can lead to allergic conjunctivitis.
We gave a complete description of the means "Mat" (cream). Indications for use, reviews indicate that the drug is very effective in the treatment of skin diseases. Excellent removes puffiness, itching, dries affected areas. There are notes that children tolerate the drug fairly well. Allergic reactions in patients of different groups are extremely rare.
Now let's talk about how much treatment will cost the drug "Momat" (cream). Indications for use, price - are often the main points when choosing a medicine.
So, a tube with a volume of 15 g will cost an average of 150 to 200 rubles. Depending on your place of residence and the pharmacy company. As for packaging in 5 g, then find it almost impossible.
Regarding the method of use and indications, the Momat ointment and cream is not at all different. Instructions for use, their price is almost the same. Therefore, they can easily replace each other. However, it is necessary to list other possible analogs of the drug: "Advantan", "Elokom", "Uniderm", "Asmanex", "Mometasone".
But it is worth remembering that they are not an absolute copy of the funds "Mat".Instructions, indications for use, price and composition are somewhat different. Therefore, before replacing one tool with another, be sure to visit your doctor.