Cervic-thoracic osteochondrosis: symptoms and treatment
Osteochondrosis is a dangerous disease. It is especially unpleasant when it occurs in the cervicothoracic region. After all, the disease provokes the gradual destruction of bones. The main danger of the disease lies in its slow development. A person may not even suspect that he develops cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, the symptoms of which will be mistaken for another illness.
It is very difficult to diagnose osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic in the early stages. The first signs of illness are very similar to the symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia or variant angina. When the patient has an initial stage of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, the patient’s symptoms are as follows:
As you can see, the symptoms are very similar to the classic form of the disease, known as IRR. And if you take into account the confusing rhythm of the heart, it is likely to get a diagnosis of "angina".
A few years later, new features will be added to the above-mentioned features. It is they who will correctly diagnose the disease. But, unfortunately, osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic region takes on a chronic form. In this case, it is incurable.
Now the patient has osteochondrosis of the cervico-thoracic region and has the following symptoms:
- Constant headaches. They are not removed by medication.
- Asthenic syndrome. The patient has rapid fatigue, there is great fatigue.
- Frequent dizziness. Dark spots appear before the eyes. A person experiences fainting.
- Blood pressure jumps. The neck muscles are constantly under heavy stress. This leads to poor circulation in the head. As a result, pressure drops occur.
- Violation of movement coordination. This symptom is the result of an over-exertion of the nervous system, as well as severe pain. Most often it occurs in a patient when moving.
- Ear ringing Pressure surges provoke this symptom.
- Pain in the neck. This symptom characterizes a strong strain on the muscles.
- Cold limbs and numbness.This symptom is often referred to as an IRD disease. However, the nature of such a symptom is impaired blood circulation.
- Aching pain in the shoulders and arms. One of the signs clearly characterizing this particular ailment. Its occurrence is associated with the site of localization of pathology. That is why there is a strong discomfort in this area.
- Soreness of ribs. The patient often complains of itching and discomfort in the sternum, especially during movement. Sometimes even at rest, tingling can be felt in the ribs.
- Pain in the heart.
Symptoms and several others may characterize cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. This is a recurring toothache. Some patients have a burning sensation on the surface of the skin in the head and neck. Accompany the disease can nausea.
However, it should be remembered that the most important symptom is paroxysmal pain. It occurs periodically. Relapses with the progression of the disease occur more often.
To indicate the occurrence of the disease can snore. Its appearance is associated with constant muscle tension - even in a state of sleep, they do not relax.As a result, snoring occurs.
It is very important to recognize in time the cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. Symptoms and treatment of the disease are quite specific. It is not necessary to diagnose the disease, and even more to look for healing methods on your own. You should know that the disease can be effectively stopped only in the early stages. With the last degrees of development it cannot be cured.
To effectively combat the disease are recommended:
- drug therapy;
- special diet;
A positive effect is given by folk remedies. But only if they are correctly combined with the main treatment.
As already mentioned, you should initially visit the doctor. Only a doctor can diagnose cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. Symptoms and medication treatment depend on the degree of development of the disease.
The scheme of traditional drug therapy in most cases consists of taking the following drugs:
- Analgesics. These drugs are aimed at alleviating the patient's condition, because they significantly reduce pain discomfort. Are appointed in the form of injections (intravenously, intramuscularly) or in tablets. The most famous and common medicines are "Baralgin", "Analgin".
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. To stop pain, prescribe drugs "Diklak", "Indomethacin", "Voltaren", "Diclofenac sodium", "Ortofen", "Ibuprofen".
- Chondroprotectors. Drugs that can inhibit the development of the disease. They are aimed at stabilizing the metabolism in cartilage and bones. These may include the following drugs: Hondroxide, Struktum, Mukosat, Artrin. Such drugs enhance the effects of analgesics. Thanks to them, pain discomfort is reduced. The patient does not need to increase the dose of painkillers.
- Muscle relaxants. They are often prescribed to relieve symptoms typical of such ailment as cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. Treatment of them relieves the patient from tension in the affected areas of the spine. As a rule, the following medications are used: Metocarbomol, Carisoprodol.
How to eliminate the symptoms of cervic-thoracic osteochondrosis? Treatment of folk remedies can get rid of annoying constant pain. After all, a person uses recommendations proven by time.
Sealer oil - a means capable of penetrating deep into the bone tissue. Its action is aimed at the regeneration of cartilage. To make such a drug, you will need sea buckthorn oil (0.5 liters). Sometimes it is replaced with corn, olive or sunflower, but only unrefined. Hypericum flowers for the panacea will need 150 grams. The ingredients are combined and put the mixture in a water bath for half an hour. In this dish the broth should be infused for 3 days. After straining the tool is ready. Keep it in a cool room.
The resulting preparation is rubbed into the area around the spine. In order for the oil to work better, it is first recommended to steam the skin. For the treatment will need 10-12 procedures.
Using a meat grinder, lemon (3 pcs.) And garlic (150 g) are twisted. The composition is placed in a jar (3 liters) and poured boiling water.
This tool should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach for half a cup. It effectively allows you to remove symptoms accompanying cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
Today, many people have experienced symptoms typical of such ailment as cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.Their testimonies indicate that only an appeal to a competent specialist who will prescribe the appropriate treatment will help get rid of the pain. Patients note that the most effective therapeutic exercises, massage and medication prescribed by the doctor. Excellent help warming ointment.
Some patients frankly say that self-treatment did not bring the desired result. On the contrary, gave a complication of the stomach. After all, most drugs have side effects and have contraindications.
Favorable results are guaranteed with timely access to a doctor and full implementation of all his recommendations. And the quality of your future life depends only on patience and the desire to be healthy.