Breath from the mouth: what to do?
Watch the video
People often encounter a disease such as halitosis - this is the most unpleasant smell from the mouth, which many do not give rest. Consider what to do in such cases, what is the cause of this disease and how to deal with it.
Causes of halitosis
The most common cause of bad breath is bacteria (anaerobic), which are able to multiply rapidly in the oral cavity. However, in medicine it is also emphasized that the cause of the disease may not be a problem of caring for the oral cavity, but a bad work of the gastrointestinal tract.
The most common causes of halitosis are:
- Insufficient oral care;
- Gum disease;
- Diseases of the pharynx, such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis and the common cold;
- Improper nutrition;
- Taking medicines that can cause dry mouth.
Also, unpleasant smell can be caused by ordinary food that a person consumes. This is due to the peculiarities of the digestive system. Next, we consider preventive measures to combat halitosis.
Prevention of halitosis
- You should always think about oral hygiene. This is indicated by dentists and many other doctors. Pay attention to what hygiene products you use. In your arsenal there should be not only a toothpaste and a brush, preferably an electric one, because it copes better with its task than a regular brush, but also dental floss, as well as a mouthwash.
- Dentists recommend brushing your teeth in the morning and in the evening, but this does not mean that the oral care ends there.
- After eating, be sure to use toothpicks, chewing gum, and if possible, use dental floss and mouth rinse.
- It is not recommended to use regularly toothpastes with an aggressive composition. On the one hand, they have a good effect against bacteria that can cause bad odor, as well as caries and various gum diseases; on the other hand, such a toothpaste can adversely affect the enamel of the teeth.
- It is recommended not to eat too sharp foods, smoked or salty foods, as it can adversely affect the gastrointestinal tract, which will also cause bad breath.
- In addition, it is recommended to exclude carbonated drinks from the diet.
- While brushing your teeth, do not forget about the language, since most of the bacteria accumulate on it.
Treatment of halitosis
Treatment of halitosis primarily involves the formulation of the diet, which should be followed by the patient. Alcohol in such a diet is excluded, as well as overly spicy, salty, smoked food. In the general case, halitosis is treated with the help of such drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription, for example, Reni, which is designed to combat heartburn. Also beneficial to the gastrointestinal tract can affect a drug such as "Mezim" and "Phosphalugel", which has a positive effect on the microflora of the stomach.
Remember that halitosis can be only a symptom of the disease, the treatment of which must be carried out under the supervision of a physician. In particular, the smell can be a signal of diseases of the organs or the result of food poisoning, as well as the activity of parasitic organisms.